Oilfield Solutions Ltd (OFS) was established in 2002 to meet the growing needs of the International Oil & Gas, Power Generation and Energy industries. The OFS team of qualified professionals provides rotating equipment, balance of plant (BOP) and process services to key players in these industries. OFS’s stated ambition is to be the product, service or support provider of choice to a wide range of clients. OFS’s Group headquarters is in Ireland, while we also have a significant global footprint with offices in the UK, US, Dubai, Singapore, Algeria, Iraq, Argentina and Norway.
OFS are looking for Control & Instrumentation Engineers with experience working on light industrial gas turbines and aero derivative gas turbines. For example, but not limited to, Siemens, Solar Turbines, PW Power Systems, Rolls Royce, Mitsubishi and GE equipment, associated packages and BOP. Must be able to work on his/her own initiative to resolve customer issues in a timely fashion. Must be willing to travel to site and stay for durations of varying length, to help resolve issues with customers’ equipment.
Duties and Responsibilities
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Control & Instrumentation Engineering for simple cycle gas turbines and combined cycle gas turbine power plants
- Assist with troubleshooting and maintenance with Control and Instrument Systems such as PLC, DCS and FCS systems
- Prepare analytic reports regarding machinery and instrumentation circumstances.
- Provide technical guidance to maintenance, operational colleagues control and instrumentation issues.
- Assistance with installation, calibration and maintenance of various gas turbine power generators and auxiliary units.
- Develop, test or improve electronic instrumentation equipment.
- Perform conceptual or/and detailed design of instruments/control system application.
- Ability to perform cable and voltage drop calculation and prepare data sheets
- Instrumentation on selection Loop Diagrams, PLC /SCADA I/O list, instrumentation on index, logic diagrams and panel design
- Review supplier’s details, comment on issue to consult for approval and conduct meetings with consultants and client engineers
- Ensure compliance and commitment to workplace Health and Safety (WHA & TRA)
- Ensure that assigned work is performed according to specific detailed instructions
- Liaise effectively with customers in job execution
- Provide customers with high quality, value added service
- Hold minimum HNC/HND Electrical, Control or Instrumentation Engineering.
- At least 5 years’ experience in Instrumentation and Control Design in the Oil and Gas, Power Generator Sector.
- Experience working on light industrial gas turbines and aero derivative gas turbines. For example, but not limited to, Siemens, Solar Turbines, PW Power Systems, Rolls Royce, Mitsubishi and GE equipment.
- Knowledge and understanding of plant HSE systems and procedures
- Knowledge of designing instrument hook up drawing, interfacing between DCS, PLC & other systems and auxiliary plant, field Instruments, control valves, analysers.
- Knowledge of PLC, SCADA / HMI control system, hardware and architect and application of instrumentation related standards, code and regulation
- Knowledge of preparation of technical specification/ documents
- A proven track record in customer service and top-class support is essential.
- Ideal candidates will have excellent communication and problem-solving skills, with good attention to detail and an ability to work within a small maintenance team environment.
- Must be willing to travel and work overseas.