Oilfield Solutions Ltd (OFS) was established in 2002 to meet the growing needs of the International Oil & Gas, Power Generation and Energy industries. The OFS team of qualified professionals provides rotating equipment, balance of plant (BOP) and process services to key players in these industries. OFS’s stated ambition is to be the product, service or support provider of choice to a wide range of clients. OFS’s Group headquarters is in Kildare, Ireland, while we also have a significant global footprint with offices in the UK, US, Dubai, Singapore, Algeria, Iraq, Argentina and Norway.
OFS are looking for multi-disciplined Engineers to work in Australia with experience working on light industrial gas turbines and aero derivative gas turbines. For example, but not limited to, Siemens, Solar Turbines, PW Power Systems, Rolls Royce, Mitsubishi and GE equipment, associated packages and BOP. Must be able to work on his/her own initiative to resolve customer issues in a timely fashion. Must be willing to travel to site and stay for durations of varying length, to help resolve issues with customers’ equipment.
Duties & Responsibilities
Duties / Responsibilities:
- Provide engineering support for preventative maintenance, commissioning, installation, diagnostics, and repair services on various gas turbine driven engine packages.
- Make site visits to carry out planned maintenance activities as well as visits to troubleshoot unforeseen issues and/or oversee larger scale unplanned maintenance
- Carryout troubleshooting for plant machinery installations
- Complete upgrades on existing turbomachinery packages, gas turbines, generators, compressors, water and crude oil pumps
- Service products and diagnose and repair minor electrical/mechanical systems.
- Provide quality control during maintenance outages
- Complete upgrades on existing turbomachinery packages, gas turbines, generators, compressors, water and crude oil pumps.
- Resolve technical problems for a variety of product systems using personal experience and proven techniques.
- Interpret general engineering drawings and produce technical reports, based on work conducted and recommendations required to resolve customer issues, and / or gas turbine reliability and availability.
- Service products and diagnose and repair minor electrical/mechanical systems
- Ensure compliance and commitment to workplace Health and Safety (WHA & TRA)
- Ensure that assigned work is performed according to specific detailed instructions
- Liaise effectively with customers in job execution
- Provide customers with high quality, value added service
- Successful candidates will have a strong technical background, supported by a technical qualification
- 5 – 10 years hands-on experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Installation, commissioning & maintenance of rotating equipment
- Power generation / Electrical distribution
- Experience working on light industrial gas turbines and aero derivative gas turbines. For example, but not limited to, Siemens, Solar Turbines, PW Power Systems, Rolls Royce, Mitsubishi and GE equipment.
- Understanding of Controls & Instrumentation is desired
- A proven track record in customer service and top-class support is essential.
- Significant hands-on experience with various rotating equipment (such as pumps, compressors, steam turbines, gas turbines etc)
- Ideal candidates will have excellent communication and problem-solving skills, with good attention to detail and an ability to work within a small maintenance team environment.
* Must be willing to work in Australia
How to apply
To apply for this position you must visit our online opportunities portal, search for job reference 10169 click here